Resources for Parents
- Great resources for parents of kids from birth to 8th Grade from Sojourn Church in Louisville, KY.
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family by Paul David Tripp
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp. A must-read for every Christian parent!
- Faith Conversations for Families by Jim Burns. Provides 52 lesson guides for families, one per week for a year. A great place to start if you are overwhelmed by the idea of leading family worship times!
- Family Worship by Don Whitney
Resources for Church Leaders
- Family Ministry Field Guide by Timothy Paul Jones. The perfect place to start if you want to become a family-equipping church
- Reinventing Youth Ministry (Again). Wayne Rice reflects on his time with Youth Specialties and encourages church leaders to partner with parents for deeper discipleship. “All of us in youth ministry owe a debt of gratitude to Wayne Rice. With this book, our debt just got bigger.” -Walt Mueller (from back cover)
- Practical Family Ministry edited by Timothy Paul Jones and John David Trentham.
- Shift by Brian Haynes. Utilizing his milestones strategy, Haynes lays out a plan for churches to reach families.